Health Informatics + Google IT Support Certificate
Description and Outcomes
Developed in partnership with Google, the Health Informatics + Google IT Support Certificate is a unique opportunity for you to earn the Google IT Support Career Certificate with the advantage of Purdue Global faculty and support and earn the health informatics micro-credential. This program will prepare you to begin or pivot your career into the field of IT support with a foundation in health informatics.
In this program you will gain skills like troubleshooting and customer care, networking, operating systems, system administration, and security, and be introduced to the broad arena of health informatics, enabling entry level opportunities in health information and health informatics. This unique combination of learning is designed to be greater than the sum of its parts by preparing you to both gain a position and to thrive in your field of study.
Qualified credits earned in fulfillment of this certificate program may be transferable to certain Purdue Global degree programs.
The Health Informatics + Google IT Support Certificate consists of a minimum of 40 quarter credit hours. Upon successful completion of the program, you will be awarded a certificate.
- Legal: Identify laws and regulations applicable to the management of health information.
- Health information technology: Examine electronic technology used to collect, maintain, transmit and store health information.
- Quality: Apply quality assurance practices and metrics in facilitating decision making.
- Revenue: Analyze components of the revenue cycle.
- Ethics: Describe ethical practices and behaviors that facilitate inclusivity and diversity.
- Technology Skills: Gain skills required to succeed in an entry-level IT capacity.
- Technical Support: Learn to perform day-to-day IT support tasks including computer assembly, wireless networking, program installation, and customer service.
- Customer Support: Learn how to provide end-to-end customer support, ranging from identifying problems to troubleshooting and debugging.
- System Specifications: Use systems including Linux, Domain Name Systems, Command-Line Interface, and Binary Code.
General Education Literacies and Professional Competencies
In addition to the discipline-specific outcomes, general education literacies and professional competencies are integrated throughout your academic program. You can review the general education literacies and professional competencies associated with your academic program in the General Education and Professional Competency Requirements section of this Catalog.
Certification, State Board, and National Board Exams
Certain state certification and licensure boards have specific educational requirements for programs to lead to a license or certification that is a precondition for employment in a recognized occupation. Prospective and current students must review Purdue Global’s State Licensure and Certifications site to view program and state-specific licensure information.
Unless otherwise specified, Purdue Global's programs are not designed to meet any specific state’s licensure or certification requirements. Licensure-track programs may limit enrollment to students in certain states; please see Purdue Global’s Program Availability Information to determine enrollment eligibility.
You are responsible for understanding the requirements of optional certification exams. Such requirements may change during the course of your program. You are not automatically certified in any way upon program completion. Although certain programs are designed to prepare you to take various optional certification exams, Purdue Global cannot guarantee you will be eligible to take these exams or become certified. Your eligibility may depend on your work experience, completion of education and/or degree requirements, not having a criminal record, and meeting other certification requirements.