Bachelor of Science in Cloud Computing and Solutions
Description and Outcomes
This program equips you to master the foundational goals of cloud computing. You will apply current technical tools and methodologies to create cloud solutions. Upon completion, you will be able to evaluate cloud computing trends, recognize best practices, and analyze and evaluate cloud providers and cloud solutions. The courses in this program enable you to pursue many critical cloud certifications. Whether your immediate educational goals are satisfied by the completion of a bachelor's degree or you are planning to pursue study in the information technology field beyond the baccalaureate level, this degree program may be for you.
The following educational objectives are approved by information technology faculty and the Advisory Board:
- Our graduates will be able to apply current industry-accepted practices and new and emerging practices when solving real-world information technology problems in the industry.
- Our graduates will be able to exhibit teamwork and effective communication skills.
- Our graduates will be able to ethically and appropriately apply knowledge of societal impacts of information technology in the course of career-related activities.
This program is available in ExcelTrack. Speak with your University representative for any limitations. For more information on ExcelTrack, see Learning Paths in the Approach to Learning section of the Catalog.
The Bachelor of Science in Cloud Computing and Solutions program consists of a minimum of 180 quarter credit hours. Upon successful completion of the program, you will be awarded a bachelor of science degree.
Accelerated Master’s Degree Options
If you are interested in earning both a bachelor's degree and a master's degree, consider the accelerated options for either the Master of Science in Information Technology or Master of Science in Cybersecurity Management. Refer to Progression Requirements for details.
- Technology Skills: Apply current technical tools and methodologies to create cloud solutions.
- Client Specifications: Analyze users' cloud requirements.
- System Specifications: Design secure cloud information systems.
- Technology Analysis: Evaluate cloud computing trends, practices, and products.
- Cloud Analysis: Evaluate the potential impact of cloud-based information systems and technology on business processes.
- Project Management: Apply project management practices, tools, and methods to cloud solutions.
- Professional Development: Recognize the ethical considerations for IT professionals locally and globally as they develop in their careers.
General Education Literacies and Professional Competencies
In addition to the discipline-specific outcomes, general education literacies and professional competencies are integrated throughout your academic program. You can review the general education literacies and professional competencies associated with your academic program in the General Education and Professional Competency Requirements section of this Catalog.
Certification, State Board, and National Board Exams
Certain state certification and licensure boards have specific educational requirements for programs to lead to a license or certification that is a precondition for employment in a recognized occupation. Prospective and current students must review Purdue Global’s State Licensure and Certifications site to view program and state-specific licensure information.
Unless otherwise specified, Purdue Global's programs are not designed to meet any specific state’s licensure or certification requirements. Licensure-track programs may limit enrollment to students in certain states; please see Purdue Global’s Program Availability Information to determine enrollment eligibility.
You are responsible for understanding the requirements of optional certification exams. Such requirements may change during the course of your program. You are not automatically certified in any way upon program completion. Although certain programs are designed to prepare you to take various optional certification exams, Purdue Global cannot guarantee you will be eligible to take these exams or become certified. Your eligibility may depend on your work experience, completion of education and/or degree requirements, not having a criminal record, and meeting other certification requirements.