Financial Aid Services
Prior to enrolling at Purdue Global, you are encouraged to explore all options available for financing your education including employer or military tuition assistance or reimbursement, veterans benefits, and financial aid funding through state and federal agencies. Financial aid information and application assistance is provided by the Student Finance Office to help you understand your options.
If you receive loans to pay for your course of instruction, it is your responsibility to repay the full amount of the loan, plus interest, less the amount of any funds returned to the source. Defaulting on loans guaranteed or reinsured by the state or federal government could result in damage to credit ratings, loss of eligibility for future student loans and other forms of financial aid, loss of deferment and monthly payment options, withholding of state and federal income tax refunds, initiation of court action, and garnishment of wages.
Financial aid cannot be awarded until all documents required for admission are on file and approved. Additional information on eligibility requirements, alternate financing, amounts available, interest rates, scholarships, and repayment schedules is available from the Student Finance Office.
You may be eligible for third-party funding sources from outside agencies and are encouraged to seek out such funding and familiarize yourself with the policies of such agencies. Although the University will assist you in completing the necessary forms and will provide any required information to the agency, it is ultimately your responsibility to ensure the agency's requirements are met.
Some alternative loans are only available to pay any direct tuition charges that are not covered by federal, state, or institutional funding. You are encouraged to take advantage of federal Title IV funding before applying to alternative loan programs. You and, when applicable, your parents have the right and ability to choose any lender you wish, and the University does not require that any loans be obtained from any particular lender or source.
The University is approved for the below loans and grants.
Federal Grants (Undergraduate Only)
- Federal Pell Grant Program
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant Program
- Iraq and Afghanistan Services Grant (IASG)
- State of Iowa Gift Aid (Iowa residents)
- State of Indiana Gift Aid (Indiana residents)
- Nebraska State Grant (Nebraska residents)
- Pennsylvania Chafee Education and Training Grant Program (Pennsylvania residents)
- Vermont State Grant (Vermont residents)
Loans (Available to All Students, Subject to Eligibility Requirements)
- Subsidized Federal Stafford Loan (Undergraduate Only)
- Unsubsidized Federal Stafford Loan
- Federal PLUS Loan and Graduate Federal PLUS Loan
- Alternative Loans
- Federal Work Study Program
Other Agencies or Programs (Undergraduate and Graduate)
- Promise Jobs
- Veterans Administration Benefits
- Workforce Investment Act1
- Division of Vocational Rehabilitation
- Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support (DANTES)
- Canadian financial assistance may be available to those who qualify
- All other eligibility sources according to state and federal requirements
The University may be eligible to be an approved training provider for Workforce Investment Act (WIA) student aid. You must contact your local WIA One-Stop Centers or your Local Workforce Investment Board to determine training program eligibility.
Purdue Global awards scholarships and discounts for a variety of reasons, including, but not limited to, merit, military service, need, and to assist in the acceleration of an academic program. Scholarships and awards have specific requirements that must be met. Not all scholarships and awards are available on a continuous basis or in all programs/offerings, and all are subject to changes in criteria and funding. Scholarship availability may also vary based on place of student residence. Purdue Global also offers grants and scholarships to employees of preselected corporations, institutions, and organizations engaged in an educational alliance.
Contact Financial Aid for additional information on scholarships.
Students enrolled in ExcelTrack programs are not eligible for Purdue Global scholarships.