Legal Secretary Certificate
Description and Outcomes
Legal secretary is a field of law that offers employment opportunities for highly trained and qualified graduates in a wide range of businesses and industries. The Legal Secretary Certificate program is designed to provide you with an introduction to legal secretarial skills and enhance your abilities on the job. Upon graduation, you may pursue employment as a legal secretary or a legal administrative assistant in a law firm, the judicial system, or the legal departments of organizations in the profit and nonprofit sectors. Coursework focuses on the role of the paralegal in the civil litigation process and helps you develop the skills necessary for effective legal writing, document processing, and use of software applications.
Qualified credits earned in fulfillment of this certificate program may be transferable to certain Purdue Global degree programs.
The Legal Secretary Certificate program consists of a minimum of 31 quarter credit hours. Upon successful completion of the program, you will be awarded a certificate.
- Communication: Demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate in the legal environment.
- Ethical Decision Making: Demonstrate the ability to apply ethical decision making in the practice of paralegal.
- Critical Thinking: Demonstrate the ability to apply critical thinking to resolve paralegal practice problems.
- Theory and Practice: Demonstrate the ability to synthesize and analyze theoretical and practical concepts from a variety of areas of legal specializations.
- Basic Skills: Demonstrate the ability to apply and employ basic office secretarial skills to produce legal forms and documents.
- Legal Communication: Demonstrate the ability to produce written legal correspondence and documentation.
|CM107||College Composition I||5|
|CM220||College Composition II||5|
|LS100||Introduction to the Law and Legal Profession||5|
|PA106||Legal Terminology and Transcription||5|
|PA230||Introduction to Legal Technology||5|
|PA305||Law Office Management||6|
|Total Major Requirements||31|