Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Industrial/Organizational Psychology
Description and Outcomes
The Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Industrial/Organizational Psychology program provides foundational preparation for a variety of roles in business, government, and nonprofit organizations utilizing rigor and methods of psychology as applied to issues of critical relevance and to organizational effectiveness: talent management, coaching, assessment, selection, training, organizational development, performance (i.e., improvement, management), and work-life balance.
If you have already completed an associate’s or bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, you may be eligible for degree requirements to be waived and replaced with advanced start credit. Refer to Advanced Start Credit in Bachelor’s Degrees for details.
Accelerated Master's Degree Option
If you are interested in earning a master's degree in human services, legal studies, psychology, or public administration, consider an accelerated master's degree option. Refer to the Progression Requirements section for details.
The Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Industrial/Organizational Psychology program consists of a minimum of 180 quarter credit hours. Upon successful completion of the program, you will be awarded a bachelor of science degree.
- Knowledge Base: Apply the appropriate psychological principles, theories, and concepts to personal, social, and organizational issues and problems.
- Critical Thinking Skills: Demonstrate critical thinking skills as applied to analytical thinking, skeptical inquiry, and the scientific approach in solving problems related to behavior and mental processes.
- Application: Differentiate the major concepts, theoretical perspectives, enduring conflicts, empirical findings, and historical trends in Industrial/Organizational Psychology.
- Research Methods: Distinguish the correct research methods utilized to apply basic methodology in Industrial/Organizational Psychology including research design, data analysis, and the interpretation and evaluation of findings.
- Values in Psychology: Integrate underpinning ethical standards and values with considerations in theory and practice to Industrial/ Organizational Psychology.
General Education Literacies and Professional Competencies
In addition to the discipline-specific outcomes, general education literacies and professional competencies are integrated throughout your academic program. You can review the general education literacies and professional competencies associated with your academic program in the General Education and Professional Competency Requirements section of this Catalog.
For program availability, please refer to the U.S. State and Other Approvals section and Program Availability Information.
Certification, State Board, and National Board Exams
Certain state certification and licensure boards have specific educational requirements for programs to lead to a license or certification that is a precondition for employment in a recognized occupation. Prospective and current students must review Purdue Global’s State Licensure and Certifications site to view program and state-specific licensure information.
Unless otherwise specified, Purdue Global's programs are not designed to meet any specific state’s licensure or certification requirements. Licensure-track programs may limit enrollment to students in certain states; please see Purdue Global’s Program Availability Information to determine enrollment eligibility.
You are responsible for understanding the requirements of optional certification exams. Such requirements may change during the course of your program. You are not automatically certified in any way upon program completion. Although certain programs are designed to prepare you to take various optional certification exams, Purdue Global cannot guarantee you will be eligible to take these exams or become certified. Your eligibility may depend on your work experience, completion of education and/or degree requirements, not having a criminal record, and meeting other certification requirements.