Problem Resolution and Grievance Procedures

Office of Student Relations

The Purdue University Global Office of Student Relations will serve as an impartial entity that is not directly involved in the issues of the complaint. Each institution in the Purdue system is unique. Purdue University Global addresses its students’ problems under its own Problem Resolution and Grievance Policy. A Purdue Global Student Relations representative will investigate the student complaint or grievance and provide a resolution. The Office of Student Relations will make every effort to complete the investigation and provide a response within 5 business days from the date assigned. 

General Procedures

Many questions or concerns that you may have can be resolved simply through discussion. In seeking a resolution, you should observe the steps below.

Retaliation against any student using this complaint process is strictly prohibited. A complaint of retaliation will promptly be investigated, will constitute separate charges, and will be handled in the same manner as discrimination and other grievance complaints.

  • Step 1: Discuss your issue with the appropriate instructor, staff member, or administrative manager.
  • Step 2: If you are not satisfied with outcome of the discussion, you can request your complaint be filed with an ombudsperson, dean, or department-designated resolution person.
  • Step 3: If you remain unsatisfied or the complaint remains unresolved, you can file a grievance with the University's Office of Student Relations. Grievance forms may be obtained from an ombudsperson, center director, dean, or department-designated resolution person and emailed to the following email address:

    Note: If you file a complaint through an outside agency or with a University executive, your complaint will be directed to the Office of Student Relations. External agencies generally expect you to have exhausted Purdue Global's complaint resolution process first. If your complaint is the subject of a formal external inquiry or legal action, the application of steps 1 through 3 of Purdue Global's grievance/appeal process will be suspended until the external inquiry or action is completed.

    There is a 2-year statute of limitations to file a grievance. A grievance  will not be reviewed or investigated if it is filed more than 2 years after the student’s last day of attendance.

    ​Purdue Global will maintain records of all grievances and their resolutions for a period of no less than 3 years.

    Purdue Global is an institutional participant in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (SARA). A list of current, authorized SARA member states is available at As a participating institution, Purdue Global adheres to a common set of standards for offering postsecondary distance education among member states, districts, and territories. The Agreement establishes comparable national standards for interstate offering of postsecondary distance education courses and programs. Purdue Global can be found on the NC-SARA website under the SARA member state of Indiana.

    In addition to the state-specific complaint procedures listed below, all students of Purdue Global, including Concord Law School, may file a complaint with the Indiana Commission for Higher Education.

    Student Complaint Information - Indiana SARA Portal Agency
    Tel: 317.464.4400

State-Specific Procedures

Arizona Residents

If the complaint cannot be resolved after exhausting Purdue Global's grievance procedures, you may file a complaint with the Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education. You must contact the State Board for further details. The State Board's address is:

1400 West Washington Street, Room 260
Phoenix, AZ 85007
Tel: 602.542.5709

Florida Residents

If the complaint cannot be resolved after exhausting Purdue Global’s grievance procedures, you may file a complaint with the Florida Commission for Independent Education. The Commission may be contacted at the below address or telephone number:

Commission for Independent Education
Florida Department of Education
325 West Gaines Street
Suite 1414
Tallahassee, FL 32399-0400

Georgia Residents

The Georgia Nonpublic Postsecondary Education Commission (NPEC) posts a complaint process on its website, This website contains information about the complaint process and includes instructions for filing a formal complaint. According to the website, you may file a verified complaint with NPEC after going through the complaint process published by the institution.

Indiana Residents

Indiana Commission for Higher Education
Student Complaint Information - Indiana SARA Portal Agency
Tel: 317.464.4400

Kansas Residents

The Kansas Board of Regents (KBOR) posts a complaint process and form on its website at The website contains information about KBOR's complaint process with instructions for filing a complaint. To initiate a complaint against a school regulated by KBOR, you must complete KBOR's form and mail or fax it to:

Kansas Board of Regents
Private Postsecondary Education Division
1000 SW Jackson Street, Suite 520
Topeka, KS 66612-1368
Fax: 888.975.8313

If you have questions or concerns, call 785.296.1529 or email

Maryland Residents

This institution is subject to investigation of complaints by the Office of the Attorney General of the Maryland Higher Education Commission.

Maryland Attorney General
Consumer Protection Division
200 St. Paul Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
Tel: 410.528.8662, 888.743.0823 (Toll Free)

Missouri Residents

The Missouri Department of Higher Education (MDHE) serves as a clearinghouse for postsecondary student complaints. The MDHE complaint policy can be found at

This web page contains information about the complaint process and includes instructions for how to file a formal complaint. Note that if you wish to file a complaint with the Department, the policy states that you must first exhaust all formal and informal avenues provided by the institution to resolve disputes.

Nebraska Residents

If the complaint cannot be resolved after exhausting Purdue Global's grievance procedures, the State of Nebraska’s Coordinating Commission for Postsecondary Education provides a formal process by which you may have your complaint investigated. Details of this process may be found at: The State of Nebraska’s Coordinating Commission for Postsecondary Education may be contacted at:

Nebraska's Coordinating Commission for Postsecondary Education
ATTN: Complaints
P.O. Box 95005
Lincoln, NE 68509-5005
Tel: 402.471.2886

New Mexico Residents

If your complaint cannot be resolved after exhausting Purdue Global's grievance procedures, you may file a complaint in writing with the New Mexico Higher Education Department (NMHED). You must file a complaint with NMHED within 3 years of your last date of enrollment. You may obtain the required forms and information to file the complaint at: The contact information for NMHED is:

New Mexico Higher Education Department
2048 Galisteo Street
Santa Fe, NM 87505-2100
Tel: 505.476.8400

Tennessee Residents

Any grievances not resolved at the institutional level may be forwarded to the Tennessee Higher Education Commission:

404 James Robertson Parkway
Suite 1900
Nashville, TN 37243-0830
Tel: 615.741.5293

Texas Residents

For students in degree programs, if the grievance cannot be resolved, students may contact:

The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board
Office of General Counsel
P.O. Box 12788
Austin, Texas

Wisconsin Residents

Any questions or concerns about Purdue Global that have not been satisfactorily answered or resolved by the University should be directed to the Wisconsin Educational Approval Program. Their address is:

Educational Approval Program - Department of Safety and Professional Services
1400 East Washington Avenue
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: 608.266.1996
Fax: 608.264.8477

Residents of All Other States

A complete list of state agencies to which you may direct questions, concerns, or complaints is provided as a supplement to the Catalog.