Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies
Description and Outcomes
The Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies (BSPr) degree is designed with self-motivated students in mind and offers you the opportunity to create a customized degree plan to meet your own individual professional goals. The open degree program provides you with the flexibility of learning through resources that come from within and outside Purdue Global, both prior to and during the course of the degree. You may receive transfer credit from an accredited institution, portfolio credit, open course credit, credit by exam, or credit for military training or other experiential learning. The degree program is focused on professional knowledge and skills, project management, problem solving, and strategic planning and culminates in a capstone class with a portfolio project.
- Designed to allow creation of a program that meets professional and personal interests.
- Offers flexibility in choosing elective courses alongside required general education coursework.
- Applies to a wide variety of possible career outcomes based on your interests.
- Offers flexibility through an Individualized Learning Plan (ILP).
- Customized degree plan allows for previously earned credit to be applied in a more flexible fashion.
The Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies is an excellent choice if you are a student with transfer credit, open course credit, or experiential learning credit; or a student who wants to design your own degree program with curriculum from Purdue Global and beyond.
Designing Your Degree
When you matriculate, you will develop an Individualized Learning Plan (ILP) with the guidance of a Faculty Advisor. Together, you will choose up to two focus areas that align with professional and personal goals, as well as a planned course of study. The ILP maps out the coursework to be completed as part of the degree plan, including any previously earned credit and the Purdue Global general education requirements, as well as a program outcome that matches your career goals. Throughout the course of your degree, you will work with the Faculty Advisor to update and make changes to your ILP.
The Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies program consists of a minimum of 180 quarter credit hours, including the standard general education requirements. Upon successful completion of the program, you will be awarded a bachelor of science degree.
- Knowledge and Skills: Demonstrate mastery of fundamental concepts in a professional field of interest.
- Problem Solving: Evaluate information from multiple sources to provide solutions to problems in diverse professional contexts.
- Strategic Thinking: Develop long- and short-term plans for success in the workplace.
- Continuous Improvement: Apply data-driven approaches to making decisions and improving professional practice.
- Career Outcome: Chosen by faculty and student. Based on student’s area of study; student works with Faculty Advisor to create a program-specific outcome matching his/her professional area of interest.
General Education Literacies and Professional Competencies
In addition to the discipline-specific outcomes, general education literacies and professional competencies are integrated throughout your academic program. You can review the general education literacies and professional competencies associated with your academic program in the undergraduate School of General Education section of this Catalog.
Please refer to the school-specific policies.
|100/200 Level||Communication Course||5|
|100/200 Level||Mathematics Course||5|
|200 Level||Arts and Humanities Course||5|
|200 Level||Communication Course||5|
|200 Level||Science Course||5|
|200 Level||Professionalism Course||3|
|200 Level||Social Science Course||5|
|Total Core Requirements||33|
|100/200 Level||Communication Courses||10|
|100/200 Level||Diversity and Culture Course||5|
|100/200 Level||Ethics Course||5|
|100/200 Level||Major Elective||5|
|100/200 Level||Major Requirements||15|
|300/400 Level||Major Electives||42|
|PR499||Bachelor's Capstone in Professional Studies||6|
|Total Major Requirements||88|
|Open Elective Requirements|
|Total Open Elective Requirements||59|