Financial Information

To view tuition and fee information, visit

Enrollment Status and Definition of an Academic Year

Your enrollment status can impact financial aid eligibility. The Veterans Administration may have different definitions for full-time and part-time status. If you are receiving veterans benefits, you should talk to the School’s Certifying Official.

The academic year is 48 weeks, which is divided into three, 16-week terms of instruction, during which a full-time student will complete at least 30 semester credit hours. Thus, enrollment status is defined as:

  • Full-time: 10 credit hours per term
  • Three-quarter-time: 8 credit hours per term
  • Half-time: 5 credit hours per term

Academic Eligibility for Financial Aid

To remain eligible for federal financial aid, you are required to maintain satisfactory academic progress toward completion of your program.

Financial Aid Warning

If you are placed on academic probation, you will also be given a financial aid warning. You will have one payment period (one academic term) to regain good academic standing by meeting all satisfactory academic progress standards or you will lose academic eligibility for federal funding.

The School may restore your academic eligibility for financial aid, even if you do not meet the satisfactory academic progress standards, if the School determines that your failure to meet those standards was due to unforeseeable, extenuating circumstances, including the death of a relative, illness, or injury, or other special circumstances.

If you receive a financial aid warning, and have experienced extenuating circumstances, you should file a satisfactory academic progress appeal before the end of the payment period/term to be considered for financial aid probation and to avoid disruption to your enrollment.

Financial Aid Probation

After receiving a financial aid warning, you may submit an appeal to be placed on financial aid probation. The written appeal should explain the extenuating circumstances that caused the inability to meet the satisfactory academic progress standards and explain the corrective actions that have been taken to ensure academic success if the appeal is granted. You may begin the appeal process during the financial aid warning period and are encouraged to include supporting documentation that could have a bearing on the School's decision. You will be notified in writing of the outcome of the appeal review.

When you are placed on financial aid probation, you may also receive an academic plan. The academic plan identifies the academic standards you must meet each term in order to comply with the satisfactory academic progress standards.

When you are placed on financial aid probation, you will be denied eligibility for financial aid and academically dismissed from the School at the end of the payment period, unless you make satisfactory academic progress or the School determines that you have met the terms of your academic plan.

Financial Aid Services

Prior to enrolling at Concord, you are encouraged to explore all options available for financing your education including employer tuition assistance or reimbursement, veterans benefits, and financial aid funding through state and federal agencies. Financial aid information and application assistance is provided by the School’s Student Finance Office to help you understand your options.

If you receive loans to pay for your course of instruction, it is your responsibility to repay the full amount of the loan, plus interest, less the amount of any funds returned to the source. Defaulting on loans guaranteed or reinsured by the state or federal government could result in damage to credit ratings, loss of eligibility for future student loans and other forms of financial aid, loss of deferment and monthly payment options, withholding of state and federal income tax refunds, initiation of court action, and garnishment of wages.

Additional information on eligibility requirements, alternate financing, amounts available, interest rates, scholarships, and repayment schedules is available from the Student Finance Office.

You may be eligible for third-party funding sources from outside agencies and are encouraged to seek out such funding and familiarize yourself with the policies of such agencies. Although the School will assist you in completing the necessary forms and will provide any required information to the agency, it is ultimately your responsibility to ensure the agency's requirements are met.

Some alternative loans are only available to pay any direct tuition charges that are not covered by federal, state, or institutional funding. You are encouraged to take advantage of federal Title IV funding before applying to alternative loan programs. You and, when applicable, your parents have the right and ability to choose any lender you wish, and Concord does not require that any loans be obtained from any particular lender or source.

Concord is approved for the following loans and programs:

  • Loans (available to all students, subject to eligibility requirements)
    • Unsubsidized Federal Stafford Loan
    • Federal PLUS Loan
    • Alternative Loans
  • Other Agencies or Programs
    • Promise Jobs
    • Veterans Administration Benefits (only available to those enrolled in Executive Juris Doctor program)
    • Vocational Readiness and Employment (VRE) (only available to those enrolled in the Executive Juris Doctor program)
    • Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support (DANTES)

Disbursement Requirements

Disbursement of financial aid is a process in which fund sources (grants, scholarships, loans, etc.) are posted to your account. Federal aid is split into payments over the course of an academic year and/or final period of study, as indicated on your funding offer. As this process takes place, students may see changes to their anticipated aid and balance. After you have begun posting attendance in the term, timing of disbursements is contingent upon meeting all financial aid eligibility requirements and confirmation of attendance and enrollment status.

The following outlines the disbursement process and requirements:

  • Disbursements of financial aid funds will begin the week after add/drop period, as eligibility requirements are met. If you are participating in the Purdue Global Commitment program, disbursements will begin the week after the commitment period ends.
  • Students who do not attend all registered courses may have their financial aid reduced or cancelled due to not meeting the minimum required hours for eligibility.
  • Students must be enrolled at least half-time in courses that count toward their program to receive federal student loans. Be sure to contact the Student Finance Office before you add or drop a course to understand the financial aid impact.

Dropping Courses

You may drop a course prior to or during the first 7 calendar days of the course without any financial obligation. If you drop a course beyond the first 7 calendar days, you will incur 100 percent financial responsibility for the course. 

Refund Policy

Notice to Students

Return of Title IV Financial Aid

If you withdraw or are dismissed from the School up through the 60 percent point in any payment period and received federal financial aid in the form of grants or loan funds, federal law requires that the School, and in some cases you, the student, return funds you did not earn to the U.S. Department of Education. In these situations, federal Title IV financial aid must be recalculated. Recalculation is based on the percentage of earned aid using the following Federal Return of Title IV funds formula:

  1. To determine the percentage of the payment period or term completed, the number of days completed up to the last date of academic attendance is divided by the total days in the payment period or term. (Any break of 5 days or more is not counted as part of the days in the term.) This percentage is also the amount of Title IV financial aid earned.
  2. To determine the amount of aid to be returned, subtract the percentage of aid earned from 100 percent of the aid that could be disbursed and multiply it by the total amount of aid that could have been disbursed during the payment period or term as of the date you withdrew. Funds are returned to the appropriate federal program based on the percentage of unearned aid using the following formula: After the 60 percent point in the payment period, you will have earned 100 percent of the federal financial aid funds already disbursed to you. This calculation concerning federal financial aid is separate and distinct from the institutional refund policy, and may result in you owing additional funds to the School to cover tuition charges previously paid by federal financial aid prior to your withdrawal.
  3. If you earned less aid than was disbursed, the institution would be required to return a portion of the funds and you are required to return a portion of the funds. Keep in mind that when Title IV funds are returned, you, the student borrower, may owe a debt balance to the institution. If you earned more aid than was disbursed to you, the institution would owe you a post-withdrawal disbursement, which must be paid within 180 days of your withdrawal.
  4. If you plan to withdraw from the School, you should contact the Financial Aid or Business Office to determine the amount of funds that must be returned on your behalf, if applicable. All refunds due will be made within 30 days of your effective withdrawal date. The last date of actual attendance is used in calculating any refund amount.

    There are some Title IV funds that you may have been scheduled to receive that cannot be disbursed to you once you withdraw because of other eligibility requirements.

    ​If you receive (or your school or parent receive on your behalf) excess Title IV program funds that must be returned, your school must return a portion of the excess funds equal to the lesser of: 
    1. Your institutional charges multiplied by the unearned percentage of your funds, or 
    2. The entire amount of excess funds.

The school must return this amount even if it did not keep this amount of your Title IV program funds. If your school is not required to return all of the excess funds, you must return the remaining amount. For any loan funds that you must return, you (or your parent for a Direct PLUS Loan) repay in accordance with the terms of the promissory note. That is, you make scheduled payments to the holder of the loan over a period of time. The requirements for Title IV program funds when you withdraw are separate from any refund policy that your school may have. Therefore, you may still owe funds to the school to cover unpaid institutional charges. Your school may also charge you for any Title IV program funds that the school was required to return. Your school can also provide you with the requirements and procedures for officially withdrawing from school.

Refunds are allocated in the following order:

  1. Unsubsidized Federal Direct Stafford Loans
  2. Subsidized Federal Direct Stafford Loans    
  3. Federal Direct PLUS received on behalf of the student      
  4. Federal Pell Grants
  5. Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grants
  6. Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants

Withdrawal After Commencement of Classes

The effective withdrawal date shall be when any of the following occur:

  1. The date you notify Concord of withdrawal or the date of withdrawal, whichever is earlier,
  2. The last date of attendance if you do not attend or withdraw from all attended classes within the first 7 days of the term,
  3. The last date of attendance if you fail to complete academically related activities for 21 consecutive calendar days (not including breaks),
  4. The last date of attendance prior to the date when Concord terminates your enrollment,
  5. The date you are scheduled to return from a leave of absence and fail to do so.

All refunds due will be made within 30 days of your effective withdrawal date. The last date of actual participation is used in calculating any refund amount.

Tuition Refund Chart

If you begin a term, you are subject to the Purdue Global Refund Policy and the Tuition Refund Chart. 

This policy applies to all students with the exception of deployed or mobilized servicemembers and their spouses with dependent children residing in Iowa. Such students should refer to the applicable policy below. 

The institutional refund (tuition) is based on the same formula as the Title IV (R2T4) formula, which is based upon the actual daily percentage of the term attended: days completed (LDA) divided by the length (days) of the term. 

Students Withdrawing Refund
Through the first 7 calendar days of the term 100% tuition for the term
With attendance posted after the first 7 calendar days of the term Tuition will be prorated/refunded based upon the number of calendar days attended in the term/total days in the term. Attendance greater than 60% is considered fully earned tuition for that term, and no refund will be given.
For Iowa Servicemembers and Their Spouses With Dependent Children

Any Purdue Global student residing in the state of Iowa who is a military servicemember (active duty, guard, or reservist) who gets deployed or mobilized, or is a spouse with a dependent child of a servicemember who gets deployed or mobilized, may request a full refund of tuition and fees for all classes attended in the term for which the deployment or mobilization occurred.